Family Caregiver Education Series
The Family Caregiver Education Series supports families and friends of persons newly diagnosed with dementia. The series consists of six one-hour sessions and is offered online at a variety of times to people across Nova Scotia.
Topics covered include:
- An overview of dementia, symptoms and diagnosis
- Planning for the future
- Day to day issues, communication
- Care for the caregivers
- Understanding dementia behaviour
- Responding to changing care needs
- Resources available to help
2021 Online Sessions:
*All sessions are being held online via Zoom for Healthcare.
To register, contact Heather at 902-422-7961 ext. 243 or [email protected]
Spring 2021 sessions are now full. Check back here for further dates expected in Fall 2021.