If you are interested in hosting a presentation at your school, please e-mail the Education Awareness Coordinator at [email protected].
The Alzheimer Society of Timmins-Porcupine District offers a Speaker’s Bureau program which provides presentations to businesses and community groups. These sessions are flexible and designed to meet your needs. They can range in duration and can be offered during the daytime or evening. Topics offered to include:
- Dementia: An Overview
- Heads Up for Healthier Brains
- Making Connections
- More topics available upon request
If your group is interested in a presentation, please e-mail the Education Awareness Coordinator at [email protected].
The Alzheimer Society of Timmins-Porcupine District offers a School Program designed to reach out to the younger generation who are coping with the effects of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia on family members. The goals of this program include:
- Increasing general awareness and understanding the impact of Alzheimer’s disease on society,
- Supporting younger people who are coping with this disease within their family and
- Encouraging healthy choices and lifestyles associated with long-term brain health.