First Link® dementia support connects people with dementia and their care partners to support services, education and information as early as possible after diagnosis and throughout the progression of the disease. If you are living with dementia, connecting to First Link means you’ll receive the support you need when you need it – through bulletins, support groups, education and one-on-one phone calls. First Link is about an ongoing connection.
Below, learn about how you can connect to First Link® dementia support. To find dementia education and support services in your area, see the First Link® bulletin.
- First Link® Dementia HelplineIf you are living with dementia or have questions about the disease, call the First Link® Dementia Helpline at 1-800-936-6033.
- About First Link® referralsWhen you receive a diagnosis, your health-care provider can put First Link® dementia support in touch with you, to help you plan for the changes.
- Regional Resource CentresVisit the Resource Centre in your area to receive information, education and support from Alzheimer Society of B.C. staff and volunteers.
- Dementia educationOffered in communities around B.C., our education workshops give people the knowledge and skills to live well with the challenges of dementia.
- Support groupsYou’re not alone; our family caregiver and early stage support groups are a place to learn about the disease and meet others on the dementia journey.
- Minds in Motion®Minds in Motion® is a fitness and social program open to people in the early stages of dementia and their care partners, where they can participate in light exercise, fun activities and social time.
- Resources for health-care providersFind information and resources about the education for health-care providers that the Society offers, person-centred care, working with families, and referring to First Link®.
- WebinarsLearn from home. Participate in our free one-hour webinars or review a recording of past presentations.
- Brochures and toolsFind brochures and fact sheets in English and other languages.