If you have questions about Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias, call the Alzheimer Society of B.C.'s First Link® Dementia Helpline for information and support (toll-free):
- English: 1-800-936-6033 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Cantonese and Mandarin: 1-833-674-5007 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Punjabi: 1-833-674-5003 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
About the First Link® Dementia Helpline
The First Link® Dementia Helpline is for anyone affected by dementia, whether professionally or personally. Helpline staff give people the support they need, when they need it.
Through our First Link® Dementia Helpline, some of the topics you can learn about include:
- General information about dementia.
- Getting the diagnosis.
- Progression of the disease, including its effect on communication and behaviour.
- Personal planning.
- Maintaining independence.
- Providing care and support.
- Resources available in your community, including support groups and upcoming education workshops.
- Information about making your organization or community dementia friendly.
Every call to the helpline is confidential. Review our privacy statement.