During this time of increased isolation due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many people living with dementia and the people who care for them are disconnected from support networks and facing unexpected challenges. It is the Alzheimer Society of B.C.’s mission to ensure that no one walks alone on the dementia journey. Now and in the coming weeks, caregivers and people living with dementia will share their everyday challenges and successes as a part of our Dementia in the days of COVID-19 series.
- Naomi’s story: Long-distance caregiving during COVID, “Doing anything I can from where I am”
- Granville and Birgit’s story: Coping through creativity
- Linda and Ruth's story: Celebrating the little wins during COVID-19
- Craig’s story : Proactive during the pandemic
- Trudy’s story: Trying to do your best is the best thing to do, but it’s not easy
Staying together while apart: Messages of support from volunteers