Where to access information about COVID-19
Where you can access information on COVID-19 including symptoms, case counts and support for affected by dementia.
Resources from the Alzheimer Society of B.C.
The Alzheimer of Society B.C can speak to dementia and, in particular, how the current situation with the novel coronavirus may be affecting British Columbians who are living with dementia as well as their caregivers and other people who provide care for them.
For information on living with dementia or caring for someone living with dementia during COVID-19, explore our resource pages below:
- COVID-19 resources for people living with dementia
- COVID-19 resources for caregivers
- COVID-19 resources for people caring for someone living in long-term care
- Activities to try while physical distancing
Our COVID-19 resources for health-care providers are available here. For information on visiting and long-term care, view our "More than a visitor: care planning in a changing environment" resource here.
Information on COVID-19
For information on COVID-19, including symptoms and the number of cases in B.C., we would suggest visiting the following:
- A frequently updated summary on the number of cases in B.C. can be found on the BC Centre for Disease Control’s website.
- A list of symptoms of COVID-19 can also be found on the BC Centre for Disease Control’s website.
- If you are experiencing symptoms, the BC COVID Self-Assessment Tool can help you determine whether you need further assessment or testing and can be completed for yourself, or on behalf of someone else. If you have symptoms similar to COVID-19, follow the directions on the BC CDC’s website. You can also call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 for non-emergency health concerns.
Health and medical queries
For advice on specific health or medical queries, we encourage you to visit the following:
- The website for your relevant health authority:
- For phone service, you can call:
- 1-888-COVID19 for non-medical information about COVID-19 which includes the latest information on travel recommendations and physical distancing.
- HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 toll-free in B.C. for any health concerns or questions.